Wednesday, June 11, 2014

3 Reasons to Big Chop Today

3 Reasons to Big Chop Today


Tumblr

1.        Transitioning Strands Can Be A Pain.
   I transitioned for weeks while rocking  protective styles. Each time I removed the protective style, I was presented with more and more new growth. I quickly grew bored with braidouts, and twistouts, and began to long for other styles that showcased my curls.
Cleaning my transitioning strands also became difficult. The relaxed ends, combined with curly roots, led to constant tangles, and sometimes breakage. There were many times when I would contemplate a relaxer because dealing with 2 textures was becoming to much to bare. It was at this time that I big chopped. It seemed like the best solution to my headache. Once I was ready to let go of my tattered ends, life became easier. Wash days only took a few hours, styling and detangling became a breeze, and I stopped thinking about relaxers.
2.        Rock that short crop!
      Had long hair all your life? Now is a great time to shake things up a bit! Go ahead and get that tapered cut, you will love the shape it grows out into.  A linned twa is fabulous! There are so many cuts, and styles, that only look good on curly hair, enjoy them all!
3.       Fire Your Hairdresser

     Caring for your growing curls at home is easy. If you are a product junkie, you can try product on the shelf, and it will still be cheaper than a visit to your local salon. Twists, and braids, are simple to do, and once removed, create beautiful defined curls. After finding your staple product, and developing a simple regimen, caring for your curls at home is simple, cheep, and dare I say enjoyable? Make a spa day out of wash day. Treating your  hair and skin at the same time. deep condition at the same time you  apply  a facial mask,  taking this time to unwind, relax, and let all the good stuff seep in. With the money I save from firing my hair dresser, I’m able to splurge on other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment