Saturday, September 28, 2013

Big Chop Update: Tedica

 

Big Chop Update: Tedica



Puff VS Protective Style



IndigenousCurls Catches up with Tedica! 

It's been 3 months since first meeting Tedica, who shared her big chop story with US.Her hair has been in Protective styles since the BC. She shares with Us how she successfully removes her protective style and updates us on her journey.






Before Big Chop VS 3months Post BC






 IndigenousCurls : What have you been up to? How are you handling your new do? What are your current concerns?

Tedica : Its been months since going natural. Surprisingly, I like it! I was a little worried at first, now Im   surprised by how much I actually like my hair. I would say my only issue with it is;  Length,  but I can see myself really  loving it maybe after about a year.

 IndigenousCurls :  What steps do take to remove your protective style and  maintain your hair?
   
Tedica’s Tips for  a Protective Style Take Down
when taking down a weave..
Step one: I have a friend cut the weave free using a small scissors.
Step two: I then took the braids out using my fingers. I rocked my braidout,  but it was just to uneven looking.
Step three: using a large comb and a bit of carrot oil, it was easy to detangle in small sections. After I completely comb through, I then use a scarf pulling it all back and tying the scarf around.
 
IndigenousCurls: Scarves & head wraps are all the rage this season. You really cant go wrong with them! There are so many ways to tie them, I love it!

Tedica:   I tried to do different looks but only came up with one that I was happy with.






IndigenousCurls: How are your friends and family reacting to your new do?

Tedica:  I was very surprised at the reactions of friends and family. I got a lot of positive feedback on the natural look! Honestly, it made me consider completely going natural.

IndigenousCurls: Last time we spoke you were not completely 'sold' on the natural hair movement. I'm so happy to hear you are falling in Love!

 Tedica: I surprised myself!   I actually like it more than I thought I would! Maybe after about a year I would be a little bit more comfortable being able to do different styles.



IndigenousCurls: Thank you for Sharing with Us! Im excited to continue to follow your journey.


No comments:

Post a Comment