Thursday, September 19, 2013

Bantu knots 3 Knotting Techniques



Bantu Knot Out





  • Bantu knots have become a common styling choice for people with thick, curly or coarse hair. They provide instant hair protection by keeping the hair ends neatly tucked under the knot. Taking out a Bantu knot is called a "knot-out," but the Bantu knot-out styling method refers to creating and removing the knot. It can be performed on short hair that is at least 2 inches long. Removing a Bantu knot transforms short hair into waves and ringlets produced without or with heat.

    Tackle this style in sections. You can make the sections different sizes, depending on how small or large you want your ringlets. The general rule is that longer hair gets larger sections, but you're free to make them as large or small as you like. Note that the bigger the segment, the bigger your knot, the looser the curl.

  • There are several methods to set this style. Each method gives a different result.
  • Wet Hair I Bantu Knot Wet hair, my curls are tighter, and the definition lasts the longest of all the techniques. 
  • Damp Hair: I Bantu Knot Damp hair my hair dries faster , and my curls are stretched longer compared to setting my hair while wet. 
  • Stretched HairI set my hair when dry, and stretched, I get the smoothest, most stretched ringlets.  
  • Twisted Hair: I twist my hair before twirling into a knot, I get more curls in my bantu knot out. Both wet and dry, this technique gives me the most curls

  • Mini Twist before Knotting 

  • Take one segment at a time and twist it until it's a tight twist that collapses onto itself. Twist the piece around and tuck the end of the strand under itself. You can hold the Bantu knot with covered bands or hair pins with plastic tips, or by snugly tucking the ends under the knot. 

    I 2 strand twist each section  before twisting it around itself. This is a method I use to stretch my tightly coiled hair, and give more curl definition. Also I notice that the style lasts longer in my 4c hair when I twist the sections before knotting them. 



    To demonstrate the differences, I used the  different techniques on my hair.  I will share the results for a stretched bantu knot out  next week. 



  • Wet HairWhen I Bantu Knot Wet hair, my curls are tighter, and the definition lasts the longest of all the techniques. My hair is more shrunken compared to the other techniques. This Method takes me the least amount of time to complete. 

  • Damp HairWhen I Bantu Knot Damp hair my hair dries faster , and my curls are stretched longer compared to setting my hair while wet. 


  • Twisted Hair: When I twist my hair before twirling into a knot, I get more curls in my bantu knot out. Both wet and dry, this technique gives me the most curls




  • Have you done a Bantu Knot out? Share your results with US! 









    No comments:

    Post a Comment