Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Tea Rinse | For Naturals....


Tea Rinses 


Hair rinses are usually the last rinses we add to our hair when we are done with conditioning. There are different types of hair rinses; protein, herbal, sealing, & moisturising.



The Current JBCO Challenge has only one downside. Build Up! I'm seeing many other benefits such as softness, shine, & the moisture from wash day is long lasting.  Before I Cowash (According to the challenge rules), I will try  incorporating peppermint leaves into a tea rinse to combat build up. I fell deeply in love with the smell, and cooling tingle from the peppermint oil in my refreshing mist. The Results: Its a refreshing smell and my hair felt so soft. No JBCO residue!

What To Do
*I used pre packed fresh mint leaves from Tesco, you can use any company in a mint flavor.

* After boiling some water (about 500ml -750ml)  I drop some leaves into it and let it stand for about 5-10 mins. If you don't have any fresh leaves, use an extra tea bag for a more concentrated rinse

* I left it to cool in the fridge while I deep conditioned my hair. I Rinsed the Deep conditioner with cool water, then followed with a cold tea pot full of this mix.  I strained the infusion before I  poured it on my hair.

* After rinsing my hair with the mint tea, I wrapped my hair with an old cotton t-shirt to absorb the water from my hair. My hair became soft and smelled really nice!

*After the rinse I follow my Sealing regimen according to the JBCO Challenge. Here are the results of my Bantu Knot Out after the rinse on damp sealed hair. 




So Go On, Try The Mint Tea Hair Rinse and Share Your Experience With Us. Are You IN the JBCO Challenge with Us? Join Us!

No comments:

Post a Comment