Thursday, July 31, 2014

Meet This Curly Girl!

Kathie
Student
NYC
Meet This Curly Girl

IndigenousCurls       How long have you been natural? What is Your hair type?   How was it received by family and friends? 

Kathie: I have been natural for a year and a half. My last relaxer was in August 2011. I big Chopped in October 2012. My hair is definitely in the 4 range. Whether I'm 4a, 4b, 4c, or a mix of all three, I don't know. 



But, I have some Kinky, Course hair! Getting relaxers was the 'norm' in my family. After going natural I was looked at as if I were kind of crazy, but once they saw progress, their minds were changed! 


IndigenousCurls       What Made you decide to go natural? 


Kathie: My relaxed hair was always so limp and lifeless. My hair never moved, or grew past my shoulders. I did some research on growing out my  hair and discovered the world of Natural Hair! I mostly fell in love with the versatility and decided to stop putting relaxers in my hair that summer. 




IndigenousCurls    Thanks Kathie!




No comments:

Post a Comment