Saturday, March 22, 2014

Creative Curly Girls

Creative Curly Girls  

D.I.Y. Distressed & Tapered Denim 

How this curly girl maintains her curls, and jazzes up her thrifty finds! She shares how she stays put together from Head to Toe! 

BY CherrieAmore 


My hair gets really dry so I use a lot of moisturizing products. Below are the products that I always have on hand for my hair!
My Hair Must Haves
Shampoo:
Herbal Essence Hello Hydration Shampoo
Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Shine Shampoo

Conditioner
Herbal Essence Hello Hydration Conditioner
VO5 Moisture Milk Conditioner (pre-poo)

Deep Conditioners
Beautiful Textures Rapid Repair Deep Conditioner
Shea Moisture Organic Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment Hair Masque
ORS Hair Mayonnaise (protein treatment 1x/month)

Moisturizers  
Beautiful Textures Moisture Butter
Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie
Elasta QP Oilve Oil & Mango Butter Hair Moisturizer (my holy grail! This product is soooo moisturizing!)
Leave In Conditioner
Cantu Shea Butter Leave In Conditioning Repair Cream 

Oil
Coconut Oil ( for LOC method, pre-poo, and added to deep conditioners) 
Jamaican Black Castor Oil ( for LOC method)
Olive Oil (pre-poo and added to deep conditioners)

Gel
EcoStyler Gel with Olive Oil
EcoStyler Gel with Argan Oil

Edge Tamer/Pomades
Curls Passion Fruit Curl Control Paste
Creme of Nature Argan Oil Perfect Edges 

Check out how this curly girl revamps her thrifty finds!!

A few months ago my friend and I hit up my favorite thrift store, Savers, when they were having a 50% off sale. I was on the search for high waisted jeans and was happy that I spotted this pair for $2.50!! When I tried the jeans on at home, they fit super frumpy and the legs of the jeans were too flare for my liking...the pants reminded me of "mom jeans" and  lacked that modern day "umph" and "pow" that I wanted, so I decided to revamp them by tapering the legs, adding studs, and doing some distressing!

 DIY Distressed Jeans 

Here's how the jeans looked beforehand.
DIY Distressed Jeans Before and After

Here's how the revamped jeans look. 
Revamped and Distressed Thrift Store Jeans

Check out CherrieAmore  for her full tutorial!


Sound off! Are you a creative curly girl?

No comments:

Post a Comment