Friday, February 28, 2014

Confessions of a Product Junkie: Subscription Boxes & Expo's



Confessions of a Product Junkie:
 Subscription Boxes 
Expo's

By: Nikki of Urban Girl Fabulous

Hello... My name is Nikki and I'm a Product Junkie.  

While I love all types of products the main type that I can't get enough of are hair products. I've been natural for years, but in the most recent years I told myself I would let my hair grow out without cutting it all off. Which brings me to my current situation at hand.


Just a Few 





It all stared in 2011 when I went to 3 Natural Hair Expos in 2 different cities. You see, I live in Austin, TX...and we don't have events as often. It started in Dallas with the Nappiology Expo. I had a great time and I made a few purchases while there. There were also other vendors there that sold TShirts, earring, and other accessories. The next event I went to was the Nzuri Natural Hair Expo, OMG....I was in heaven. There were so many vendors, from Miss Jessie's to Taliah Wajjid. I think I stopped at every single booth. Remember the natural hair scene is still growing here in Austin at the time. Needless to say I left the expo with a few bags of goodies. To top the year off I finished with an event that Uncle Funky's Daughter Founder had in Houston. She had a more intimate event and I enjoyed that very much. It was one on one interaction with the actual owner/founder of the products. You had an opportunity to learn from the creator how to use the products properly and what works best for your hair type.  In 2012 I went back to the Nzuri expo and purchased even more products... Though I had tons I hadn't even used from the previous year. In between going to expos, I also signed up for curlBOX, a monthly subscription that has full sized and sample sized products delivered to your door once a month for $25. I loved that because it allows me to try different products and find ones that work for me. 






There you have it...between hair expos and my subscription service, I have my own Beauty Supply store in my closet, lol. But on a serious note, if you are new to the natural hair world, hair expos and  natural hair subscription are the way to go. It allows you try an assortment of products at an affordable price. Just try not to turn into a product junkie, lol. 





Indigenous Curls Thanks Nikki!
Find More from Nikki on her Blog, and Facebook , and YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment