Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Why Did You go Natural -- Hairspiration

    




Weather you Big Chop or transition, going natural is quite a journey. Going natural 
can inspire a healthy lifestyle, A new spiritual connection, a new outlook on life, or simply a
new look. 




We Asked a natural community of over 50 thousand curlygirls


 WHY They Went Natural

Here's what a few had to say:  










      Sensitive scalp. didn't want to relax anymore. Nothing deep or spiritual.
      via mobile · 


 Got burned in the back of my head with a perm one good time. That was enough for me lol.
via mobile · 


 My scalp was hurting from the perms. So one day I just stopped perming my hair.
 via mobile · 

My hair was thinning n shedding. .no one else could tell because it’s so thick but I could....& now it’s healthy!!...9 months later 
 via mobile · 

My perms were not lasting...plus I think my hyperthyroidism was making the perms worst...
 via mobile · 

 Money was tight for a couple of months so I kept delaying my perm. Then I realized that my hair was amazing!
 via mobile · 


The relaxers were damaging my hair. It was dry, brittle and kept breaking. I went natural and all of that stopped 
 via mobile · 


Pretty much hated that relaxer...the process you go threw  all the money you spend. The breakage, the chemicals on my skin (your skin is an organ and absorbs those chemicals)
 via mobile · 

I thought my hair would fall out while on A prescription if I relaxed it since I already had a thin spot on my crown due to burns so I quit. Thought about going back after I got off the medicine 6 months later but I just kept going with the encouragement I received. I have been transitioning for a long time. Almost done. Wish I had big chopped but whatever. Lesson learned
via mobile · 

I have always hated perms, but was not allowed to make the decision to stop until i went to college and started taking care of my own hair. After that, i ditched the relaxers and started learning to care for my own hair
via mobile · 

 Sudden allergy to perms
via mobile 

I honestly don't remember exactly...it was 19 years ago, but I know I was sick of perms, wanted the freedom, but I think it was mostly because I wanted to loc my hair.
 via mobile 

I started to exercise to lose weight and better my health. Along w/ that came the struggle of trying to revive and maintain my daily sweated out relaxed hair. I decided that my health was more important and that it was time to do away w/ some things that I no longer needed.. I bc'd..my weight went down and my confidence went !UP! I'm loving my journey.
 via mobile

For my daughters. They are watching our every move. 
 via mobile





SOUND OFF! Why did you grow out your curls?


No comments:

Post a Comment